A possible deployment of the armed forces would take place on the basis of the Defense Act in the form of an assistance request.

A possible deployment of the armed forces would take place on the basis of the Defense Act in the form of an assistance request.

The day after tomorrow, Thursday, the government politician at the NBC defense center in Korneuburg (Lower Austria) wants to personally get an idea of ​​the preparations. There – also for the media – information is provided about the course of a possible deployment. 500 NBC soldiers are available in five companies in the armed forces. You can arrange for the decontamination of health workers who have had contact with infected people, as well as the decontamination of infrastructure such as schools, trams or kindergartens. The readiness of the NBC defense force is high, because an emergency can occur for them at any minute, informs the armed forces on its homepage.

Carinthia: Daily exchange with Italy

Although no corona cases have yet been confirmed in Carinthia’s neighboring Italian region Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Kaiser explained that the authorities there are in daily contact with them. In Carinthia there are also daily expert meetings on the topic: “There are agreements with the World Health Organization and with the federal government – this is to prevent the corona virus from settling worldwide,” said Kaiser.

Shortages in masks

According to information from Carinthia’s health officer Beate Prettner (SPÖ), there are shortages of protective masks in pharmacies. Healthcare facilities can request such masks directly from the health authorities, and they are then delivered directly to the facilities to ensure supply. So far there have been 18 suspected cases in Carinthia, none of which have been confirmed. Should an outbreak occur in Carinthia, around 30 beds are available in isolation wards. As Kaiser said, contact has already been made with the responsible ministries in order to be able to quickly increase these capacities if necessary – for example, it might be possible to accommodate sick people in barracks if there is a major outbreak.

There is also increased caution in the Carinthian official buildings. The central staff representatives have set up hand disinfectant dispensers in the entrance areas of all official buildings. You ask all colleagues to use these dispensers and to make visitors to the buildings aware of them.

Burgenland set up a coordination staff

Burgenland has set up a preventive “Coronavirus coordination staff” in the state security center. Governor said that he was in constant contact with authorities, rescue organizations and hospitals

Hans Peter Doskozil

(SPÖ) on Tuesday in a broadcast. “There is still no confirmed case of the coronavirus in Burgenland,” said Doskozil.

In principle, there is also no reason to panic, stated the governor. “Nevertheless, it is important to make the best possible preparations and to be vigilant.free essays 123 In Burgenland we are prepared.”

Study: Patients over 60 years of age are particularly at risk

The corona virus particularly endangers people over the age of 60. According to the most comprehensive study to date, which considered disease progression in China up to February 11, of 1,023 patients who died, 829 were over 60 years old. In contrast, the disease was fatal for only 26 people who had not yet reached the age of 40.

Mild course in four fifths of the cases

According to the study published in the “Chinese Journal of Epidemiology”, the disease is mild in four fifths of cases. With a total of 72,314 data that were evaluated for the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 80.9 percent of the infections showed a mild course. 13.8 percent of the cases were rated as serious, 4.7 percent as life-threatening.

According to the official study, people with cardiovascular diseases have the highest risk of death from infection, followed by diabetics, people with chronic respiratory diseases and high blood pressure. According to the study, men have a significantly higher risk of death (2.8 percent) than women (1.7 percent). The average mortality rate is 2.3 percent.

Anschober: Austria will support Italy

Before the start of a meeting of several European counterparts in Rome on Tuesday, Health Minister Rudolf Anschober emphasized the willingness of Austria and other neighbors to actively support Italy in containing the coronavirus. “As neighboring countries, we want to examine how we can help Italy and prevent further spread,” said Anschober in Rome.

Elftea fatalities in Italy

In the northern Italian region of Veneto, another person died of Covid-19. It is a 76-year-old woman from Treviso, announced the regional government. This increases the number of people who died of the virus in Italy to eleven.

Minister warns of “hasty reactions”

The minister did not want to comment on the two confirmed coronavirus infections in Tyrol. However, he warned against “hasty reactions”.

“The number of infections in Italy is increasing as was to be expected. It is important to localize the source of the infection. The measures taken by the Italian government are quite offensive, now we have to wait and see how quickly they take effect,” said Anschober in conversation with the APA in Rome.

Pan-European action required

On Tuesday afternoon, EU Health Commissioner Stella Kyriakides will also take part in the meeting in Rome, to which the Italian Minister of Health Roberto Speranza has invited. “I am convinced that we can only counter the spread of the coronavirus with pan-European measures. A strong Europe is the best support for the affected regions. Our goal is to react to this regional epidemic as quickly as possible so that it does not turn into a global pandemic is coming, “said Anschober.

Rendi-Wagner calls for “central crisis coordinator”

SPÖ chairman Pamela Rendi-Wagner calls on the government to set up a “central crisis coordinator”. There must be “a head that has an overview and bundles all information” – and that makes the decisions about what ultimately happens, she said on Tuesday. The topic must also be put on the agenda of the National Security Council on Friday.

“We have to be more than vigilant, prepared for this point in time, which will probably not be long in coming.”

Bus stopped, but given the all-clear

In Allhaming (Linz-Land district), a coach had to make a longer stop on Monday evening because of a possible suspected corona. After a review by the authorities, however, the all-clear was given, confirmed District Captain Manfred Hageneder. The bus that was traveling from Spain via Italy to Budapest in Hungary was allowed to continue.

First case in Croatia

A first coronavirus case has also been confirmed in Croatia. “It is a Croatian citizen who stayed in Milan from February 19 to 21,” said Health Minister Vili Beros, according to Croatian media reports. The young man is in the infection clinic in Zagreb and has only mild symptoms, it said.

Meanwhile, they were waiting for test results from nine people who were in the hospital in the port city of Rijeka. These are workers who worked in a factory in Lombardy. One of them has symptoms and has been isolated, the clinic said, according to the media.

First case in Switzerland too

An infection was also confirmed for the first time in Switzerland on Tuesday. This was announced by the Federal Office of Public Health. The office announced more information for 5 p.m.

Interior Minister Alain Berset said on Monday that the country was well prepared. Measures such as travel restrictions were not taken. The canton of Ticino protrudes into Lombardy, Italy, where several cases have occurred.

Epidemic migrates south

Meanwhile, the epidemic threatens to spread towards southern Italy. Two cases of infection were reported in Florence and Palermo, Italian media reported.

In Palermo, a Lombard tourist was reported as the first case of infection in southern Italy. In Florence, a 60-year-old entrepreneur with companies in Asia tested positive. He had voluntarily submitted to the controls. The man was admitted to a hospital not far from Florence.

Seven people have died of the corona virus in Italy so far. These are elderly people who were already weakened by other diseases, said the Italian health authorities. A case was also reported in South Tyrol on Monday.

Hundreds of tourists are not allowed to leave the hotel in Tenerife

An Italian doctor on vacation in Tenerife also tested positive. According to media reports, he was in the Quiron clinic in the south of the Canary Island. The doctor should be in the Quironsalud hospital. The hotel in which he stayed is, however, under “sanitary control”, but has not been quarantined, said a spokeswoman for the health authority on Tuesday. Hundreds of guests have to wait there.

© APA / AFP / Martin Thousands of tourists are currently stuck in this hotel on Tenerife

The large hotel will be guarded by the police until everyone has been tested, according to the newspaper “El Mundo”. According to Spanish media reports, the Italian – a doctor from Lombardy – is said to have vacationed at the hotel for almost a week before showing symptoms and then going to the hospital himself.

Also Austrians among vacationers

There are also two Austrians among the holidaymakers. This was announced by the Austrian Foreign Ministry at the request of the APA. The elderly couple from Vienna are doing well and are initially not allowed to leave their room. The Austrian embassy in Madrid was in contact with the two, it said. The Austrian vacationers initially wanted to stay on the island until March. Now those affected are waiting for further instructions from the Spanish authorities. According to the Austrian Foreign Ministry, it could well be that vacationers have to stay in quarantine for 14 days.

“We are not experiencing a disaster”

Italian Prime Minister: “The situation is under control”

The Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has warned against panic. “We are not experiencing a disaster, but an emergency that we can deal with. We are in the process of implementing the appropriate measures to contain the epidemic,” said the prime minister at a press conference in Rome on Tuesday.

Conte against travel restrictions for Italians

Conte has also spoken out against considerations of travel restrictions for Italians who want to go abroad. “It would be unfair if other countries were to impose restrictions on Italian travelers, we cannot accept that. Our fellow citizens can travel safely and are not a threat either to themselves or to others,” said Conte.

“Thanks to an excellent health system and a rigorous health policy, Italy can safely send its citizens abroad. That is the message we want to send to the EU and the world,” said the prime minister at a press conference at the headquarters of the civil defense in Rome. Italy is a safe country that vacationers can easily visit. Only twelve communities are isolated in connection with the infection cases.

Conte confirmed plans to take economic support measures in favor of the sectors hardest hit by the epidemic. The first measures could be announced on Tuesday evening.

Anchober meeting with the Italian health minister

The Italian Minister of Health Roberto Speranza called on the country to unite. “This state of emergency is a challenge for all of us. The country should remain closed,” said the minister. Speranza will coordinate a meeting with the health ministers of Italy’s neighboring countries as well as Germany and Croatia on Tuesday afternoon in Rome. The Austrian Minister of Health Rudolf Anschober (Greens) also participates in this.

The current record in Italy was seven deaths and 271 infections. 206 cases of infection were reported in Lombardy. The focus of the epidemic was located in the Lombardy province of Lodi, south-east of Milan.

Epidemics:

That is how great the danger is in Austria

Crisis expert: keep calm and stock up

In the light of the spreading coronavirus, general precautions should be taken. The President of the Austrian Society for Crisis Prevention, Herbert Saurugg, calls for this. Above all, it’s about reserves for two weeks – food, water, medication. The risk is not of getting sick directly, but rather delivery bottlenecks for supermarkets due to failures in the infrastructure.

“But precaution is essential for survival”

“The most important aspect is to keep calm. But precaution is vital,” said Saurugg on Monday in an interview with the APA. From his point of view, “must now be switched to crisis mode”. Because now it is about coping with the consequences of the coronavirus and not just about containment, the co-founder of Cyber ​​Security Austria now sees a pandemic coming.

Good to know:

How to prepare for an emergency

But it is not appropriate to overreact. You should gradually expand your supplies for a phase of 14 days. This is also important in the event of widespread, long-lasting power outages, says Saurugg.

Supply chains could be at risk from a loss of ten percent of the workforce. “By May at the latest, we will feel that fewer deliveries of goods from China are arriving via the shipping routes,” emphasized Saurugg. There could be long-term supply bottlenecks with goods from China. Medicines as well as parts for the automotive industry and photovoltaic systems could be part of this. This already applies to protective masks and protective clothing.

According to Saurugg, only about a third of Austrians have food in store for more than seven days at home. A third ran out of food on the seventh day at the latest, and a third on the fourth day at the latest.

EU: Italy acted quickly

The EU Commission has welcomed the steps taken by Italy to contain the spread. The Italian government acted quickly and had “effective structures to respond to this outbreak in a well-coordinated manner,” said Janez Lenarcic, EU Commissioner responsible for crisis coordination, in Brussels on Monday.

232 million euros against fight

He announced the release of 232 million euros to step up the global fight against the virus.

  • Sid Laymes
  • بهمن ۱۲, ۱۳۹۸
  • 92 بازدید
بستن
مقایسه